Saturday 26 November 2011

The Diabetes Information Jigsaw

During my research in the last few days I came across a report called The Diabetes information Jigsaw.  Has anyone heard about this?  It was conducted in 2006 so the information is a little out of date but I wondered if anything that it reported on had changed.  It mentions that the 'government has made patient-centred care for diabetes a priority' but key deadlines had been missed.

From the three reports that I read: 'The Diabetes Information Jigsaw', 'DAWN' and 'Implications of the United Kingdom Prospective Diabetes Study' diabetes is estimated to affect 370 million by 2030!  That is a shocking amount of people and it is not only in the older generation but more young people are being diagnosed with Type 2.  At least half of us do not 'achieve glycemic control', self-management is poor, just as many suffer from depression and we want better information and support.

I would like to hear what you think.  Drop me a line with your views on how you are managing your diabetes or if you are a carer how it is going for you both.

No comments:

Post a Comment